Wednesday, December 2, 2009

New Beginning in Jamaica Mon

So as most of you know, recently the Peace Corps suspended the volunteer program in Mauritania back in August. Since then, I applied for and got a position with the Peace Corps Response in Jamaica (where I am right now).

In case your are not familiar, the Peace Corps Response is basically the graduate school of the Peace Corps world. You had to have already served successfully in another country before applying. Peace Corps Response is meant to address very specific needs of an organization or country. In my case, I will be working with the Negril Environmental Protection Trust (NEPT) to help increase tourism to their Royal Palm Reserve in Negril Jamaica. Essentially, I will be helping them to rewrite their current marketing plan and find innovative ways to entice people to visit the reserve. I will be at this post for 6 months (Nov 30, 2009-June 2, 2010).

Anywho, please keep up with my blog and I will be keeping you updated mon...

No comments: