Thursday, December 6, 2007

Merci Beaucoup.....kind act 19


For today's entry I wanted more to tell a story about a person who did an amazing random act of kindness for me. Well, in case you were not aware, I was recently accepted into the Peace Corps. If all goes according to plan, I will be leaving in June for Sub-Saharan Africa. I will working with private entrepreneurs in a French speaking country. (I don't know which one yet...)

In order to go on this trip I must complete through French 102 by June. When I found out about my nomination to the Peace Corps, it was too late for me to register for French 101 in the fall semester. Which left me in sort of a pickle to complete French 102 by spring. So I checked around at CSU and Tri-C. The language director at Tri-C said he would have the French teacher call me about possible arrangements.

So Maria Szocs called me and said she would be my tutor and help me get prepared for French 102. I was so incredibly grateful.. So we met up the first week to begin my lessons and of course I brought up how she wanted me to pay her. But, she told me not to worry about it, we could talk about it some other time.. Of course what she meant was that we would not talk about it and she was helping me of her own willingness for free!! I have had over 10 weekly sessions with her and she is quite possibly one of the most caring and generous people I have ever met. I will be forever in her debt for giving me the best act of kindness I could ever ask for..

Today was our last session together and I brought her a small gift of my appreciation....

Merci Merci Merci Beaucoup Maria Szocs. Tu es mon professeur super!!

Ton Ami, Eric

No comments: