Monday, December 3, 2007

Would you like fries with that?.....kind act 16


Today's act is really quite awesome if I do say so myself... So, while at work today I stumbled across this website (www.actsofkindness.org). I was quite excited about this discovery. On this particular website they have thousands of small spin-off pages started by its members. They basically recount a random act of kindness they once did. So, I was reading through this one woman's act of kindness. She is from Ohio too, which made it even better! Anyway, her kind act is when she orders fast food from the drive-through. She will ask the clerk how much the person's meal is behind her. If its less than $10 bucks, she will pick it up. Of course money permitting.....

So today, I went to Wendy's for lunch and I wanted to give this act a try. I ordered my food and then when I pulled around to the window, I asked about the guys food behind me. It fell within the budget, so I picked up his lunch for him. I told the clerk to tell the guy "You just received a random act of kindness, pass it on..." Today's act really made me quite happy, knowing that I had most likely just made that guy's day. Hopefully he will pass it on......

No comments: